Best Rate GuaranteeBook your all-inclusive Stay
Airport Travel Tips: Get Through Security Quickly
As security increases for airlines, many people are looking for ways to cut down on the time it takes to get through the airport. By using some of my own experience and researching industry insider tips from the Forbes Travel site, I've put together some checkpoint friendly hints to get you and others though the airport faster.
- Cut your wait time in half and use the online check-in. Airlines let you check-in and print your boarding pass 24 hours before you board.
- If you can, make every effort to skip the whole checked baggage hassle and make full use of your 2 carry-on cases. This will cut your time in half. If you use your carry-on and check-in online the day before, you can breeze by some major time wasters and get right to the screening process.
- When packing, keep in mind items that you will need to take out or separate. Make sure to have all of your bags prepared for going through the x-ray ahead of time.
- Remember to wear easily removable shoes that you can slip in and out of.
- A good piece of advice is to get a "checkpoint-friendly" laptop bag. If you don't have one, make sure your laptop is ready and out of its case.
- Have your liquids in a separate bag before you get to the airport. Remember, liquids cannot be in bottles larger than 3.4 ounces. If you can't condense your items into 2 carry-ons, then simply put all liquids into a checked bag.
- Remember, if you have a bottle of water, drink it and toss it before you enter the security line.
- Have your travel documents in hand, or in an easy to access pocket so you won't have to take time to get them out when you get to the front of the line.
- Don't wait until you reach the front of the line to start emptying your pockets and take off your watch. Stash loose change and other metal items into your carry-on.
- Avoid wearing a belt or necklaces, and choose jackets or sweaters that are easily removable.
- To avoid long lines, book your flight on a weekday morning before 9 a.m. You'll be traveling with predominantly business travelers who speed through security.
- Get TSAwait on iPhone, and TripCase on Blackberry. These applications use security wait time history to predict the line length.
Hopefully these will help cut down on the travel wait time and give you more vacation time at one of our Cabo Resorts or Mazatlan Resorts! If you would like to see more tips on the Forbes site go to www.forbestraveler.com/jets-planes/travel-security-story.html