Best Rate GuaranteeBook your all-inclusive Stay
Tips for Entertaining Kids in the Airport
Planning a family vacation to Mexico is a great way to spend time with your loved ones. You can enjoy the sunshine and explore all that beautiful areas like Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta have to offer. Getting there is a big part of the trip too, and spending time in the airport can be stressfull, especially with kids in tow. Here are a few ideas for ways to entertain the kids while en route to your Cabo hotel in the airport:
- Ride the escalators, elevators or moving sidewalks. Make sure you stay out of peoples' way!
- Play "I spy with my little eye". Take turns picking out something you see ("I spy a red backpack" or "I spy a green scarf") and see who can find it first.
- Venture out and go on an airport scavenger hunt (who can find 3 blue hats first?)
- Watch the airplanes descend and applaud and/or rate the landings.
- Do some physical activity like practicing yoga or playing a dancing game at a vacated gate. If you're traveling with a baby, put down a blanket and let her move around.
- Have a picnic at a vacated gate.
- Some airports have kids play areas and children's museums. Call ahead or look online to see if one of your stopover airports has these.
- Bring sticker books, coloring books
- Read or tell your child a long story
- Once you get on the plane, ask the flight attendants if you can visit the cockpit.
If you plan ahead and bring a few toys and ideas to entertain your kids while in the airport, your waiting time should be a breeze. Keeping up with your kids in the airport doesn't have to be a chore, it can be a great bonding experience. Then, when you get to Mexico, you'll have a happy start to your Cabo hotel vacation!